Get in Touch
Questions About their Dogs
- How long have you been in the Boston Terrier breed? What others have you bred? Remember that more than 2 breeds is cause for suspicion (puppy-mill or disreputable breeder).
- Can I meet the parents? What are they like? At least the dam should be on-site and they should be able to tell you about both their temperaments.
- What titles do the parents have? (Dog shows and competitions). The breeder should explain what titles they hold and what they mean. For instance, the Companion Dog (CD) title shows that a dog won an obedience competition.
- Can you explain their pedigree? At least, they should be able to provide you with a 4 generation pedigree and be able to tell you about the dogs.
- Do you have the dam on-site? How old is she? How many litters has she had? The dam should always be present with her litter. Also, mothers should be at least two years old and they probably shouldn’t have more than one litter a year to ensure health and well-being. Their pregnancies are planned and expected.
- Have the parents been tested for genetic/hereditary problems and are the results/certificates available? (The ones I mentioned above).
- Do you offer the Welcome Back Program guarantee? This means the breeder will take the puppy back and refund your money if there are any problems.
- Is the puppy registered in the American Kennel Club (AKC)? If so, make sure you are given the registration certificate and pedigree when you pick up your puppy. You should also get some free health insurance for the first few weeks.